Based on Tom Chi’s Mozilla Brantina talk: ‘Rapid Prototyping’, this workshop will take people through a series of ‘Mental Debugs’ that can help you innovate for better project outcomes in less time.
Rapid prototyping is the process of finding the fastest path to a direct experience of the thing you’re trying to create – Tom Chi
- The difference between ‘guessing’ and ‘direct experience’ in product innovation, and how each impacts progress differently.
- The difference between ‘adaptability vs. ‘efficiency’ in iterating through ideas to find the best.
- Why ‘staying in your medium’, when you create and invent
Materials & Prep-Work
- Paper in 3 sizes
- Stapler (1 for every 5 people)
- Staples (plenty)
- Masking Tape (2 rolls)
- Slide Deck
Facilitator & Prep-Work
- Watch the Air Mozilla talk ‘Rapid PrototypingProtyptyping’ by Tom Chi.
- Read ‘Don’t Guess, Learn’: Rapid Prototyping with Tom Chi
- How to make a paper airplane fly farther (with staples and tape) or any other resources on the craft.